Monday, July 14, 2008

Ina Wanna What?

This will mark my first post to this blog. Yahoo! We all have to start somewhere, so bear with me as I get going. I hope you'll like what you read and come back for more.

Wondering about the title? While you may find this odd, I aspire to cook, and live, like Ina Garten. Haven't heard of her you say? Turn on the Food Network.....Ina Garten (also known as the Barefoot Contessa) is a caterer and chef (her second career) who lives in the Hamptons (Long Island) with her husband Jeffrey. Ina is happy, chubby and amazing. Everything she makes, and the way she entertains and lives, looks ideal and effortless. Her home is to die for, and her food is simple, basic and totally delicious. I have yet to make a recipe of Ina's that didn't turn out perfectly.

So this past Christmas after getting three Ina cookbooks and reading them from cover to cover (I know I am not the only one who does this - be honest), I decided to adopt a few things from Ina's life.


On Friday evenings, to welcome Jeffrey home after a long week of travel, Ina has a cocktail ready for him, as well as his favorite dinner, Chicken Picatta. This is such an easy but delicious dish, and if you make it people will think you slaved all day long in the kitchen. Even my kids love this dish, and as you'll no doubt learn in the blog, my kids eat NOTHING!!!! I mean NOTHING! Oh, well, candy, but not real food. No way. But I digress....

So on Friday, The King (which is what I will call my husband for the purposes of this blog) is greeted with his favorite drink, and this amazing meal. I hear you snickering now people........
I can actually hear it. Don't think that I am a sad little housewife waiting on the King hand and foot. I do this because I enjoy it. I love rituals, and this one is a keeper. Friday night at my house is my favorite day of the week.

So this is the reason behind the name of my blog. I am an Ina Wanna Be. Watch me try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very jealous of The King and his role as the new Jeffrey. Does he know how lucky he is? I've had that picatta and it's one heck of a dish!

Does this make you the Queen? I think it does....