Saturday, November 29, 2008

Weekend in San Francisco

This weekend we decided last minute to go to San Francisco and spend a couple of nights. Liv and Matt love the city, and Grace has mixed feelings about it. The hustle and bustle, but mostly the large number of homeless folks in the city just isn't her bag.

One of the things the kids have taken to doing is counting the number of homeless people and comparing that number to our last visit. And since we come pretty often, they are able to keep their finger on the pulse of the homeless population.

Today as we walked and shopped, Matt was keeping track.

This is the conversation I overheard between the King and Matt:

The King: "Matt, so counting that guy, you've seen a total of eight homeless people, right?"

Matt: "Well, yeah, but....."

The King: "But what?"

Matt: "Well, we actually saw nine, but one guy had no legs and it made me feel bad so I don't want to count him."

Oh, kids in the city.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Shannon doesn't like seeing homeless people either. She gets really upset and sad.

We did have a guy approach us in Costa Mesa on our last trip out to California who gave us this huge, fake story about needing money for a bus to get to a place, etc. My father looked at him and said "We don't have any extra money." The guy got really defensive and said "Awww, yeah you do. I just need a little extra." Now I'd seen this a million times in my life, but poor Shannon hadn't and she got really freaked out. That was when Michael said to me "Take her and go to the car". As we were walking away my father started yelling at the guy and I swear, I thought they were going to get into a fist fight. I don't think Shannon ever got over it.

Anonymous said...

Is this it?????it ends with a trip to SF???